Professional athletes have a variety of coaches at their disposal to help improve their skills and attain their goals. At Winpoint, we serve as a financial coach for our clients, helping guide them from the day they are drafted all the way through retirement. The average career of a professional athlete is approximately four years. Therefore, we must diligently prepare throughout their playing career and devise a plan for life after baseball.
Our clients have worked extremely hard to obtain their wealth. We pride ourselves in helping them manage that wealth so their families are financially secure and comfortable for the rest of their lives.
Annual Cash Management
Our wealth management group is engrained in every aspect of our client’s financial lives. In order to provide the best guidance, we must understand and analyze your complete financial picture on a regular basis. Our goal is to consistently grow your net worth. Therefore, we complete the following on an annual basis:
- Comparative financial statement
- Income tax projection
- Cash flow analysis
- Itemized budgeting
- Quarterly budget tracking, reporting, and analysis
Throughout your career, we are proactive in implementing risk management techniques to ensure your loved ones are protected in case tragedy strikes. You can never be over-prepared for a crisis, so we are here to ensure an unforeseen circumstance does not adversely affect your family’s financial situation. Throughout your career and during retirement, we’ll provide the following risk management services:
- Assist in obtaining life, disability, and long-term care insurance
- Provide financial support and guidance in major life events such as marriage, divorce, & child birth
- Estate planning analysis and coordination with estate attorneys
Estate Planning for Professional Athletes
As wealth accumulates through your peak earning years, estate planning becomes a major emphasis. We must implement a plan to shelter your assets from taxes and creditors while setting up the necessary structures to ensure your family is taken care of forever. As part of our estate planning, we’ll focus on implementing the following:
- Revocable living trusts
- Power of attorney
- Health care power of attorney
- Advanced medical directives
- Beneficiary designations
- Guardianship declarations
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts (ILIT)
Retirement Planning for Professional Athletes
As your sports career begins to wind down, we will devise a plan to transition you into the next chapter of your life. Whether you plan to shift into coaching, broadcasting, or running your own business, we are there to guide you. Our comprehensive retirement planning solution for athletes includes:
- Long-term cash projections
- MLBPA Pension calculations
- Social security & Medicare analysis
- Education planning for children and grandchildren
- Charitable giving planning and coordination
- Assistance in establishing a business model and implementation plan
- Financial analysis of business venture
- Oversight of business operations & financial sustainability
Winpoint prides itself on being involved with you from start to finish. You accumulate the wealth; we’ll protect, manage, and grow it so you can focus on what’s most important to you: your family and your career.
Wealth Management Specialized for Professional Athletes from Winpoint
At Winpoint, we believe that financial security through sound management and disciplined investing will benefit you and your family—not just for right now, but for tomorrow as well. Together, we’ll pave the road towards a bright future for the next generation of you.
Ready to get started? Call us today to speak with a member of our team and discuss how we can help secure your financial freedom, long after your last game.